Does your target bschool do open interviews?
If your interviewer will have read your entire application before your interview, then the answer is YES.The main schools that do interviews this way include HBS, LBS, NYU Stern, and MIT Sloan. We call these Open Interviews. You can read all about it in the EssaySnark MBA Interviewing Guide. And we have a special service to make sure you’re fully equipped and confident for this more difficult interview experience:
EssaySnark will develop a list of custom interview questions for you to use in preparing your material.
These questions will be specific to your profile and tailored to the school.
Here’s how it works:
- You send EssaySnark your entire application as submitted to the school. You will also send any letters of recommendation if you have them available. No, you’re not supposed to have them, but many people do.
- EssaySnark reviews your app and develops a list of at least 10 questions specifically for you, based on the stories you have presented in your essays and the other components of your app.
- You then use these questions to prepare some material and more importantly, to get a friend to help you practice. They will be as real-world as possible.
This is not meant as a prediction for what you will literally get asked in your interview (no one can predict that); however, these questions will help you see how others may view your profile. This exercise will let you examine your material in different ways and help you come up with new angles and other insights to discuss in your interview.
Cost for Custom MBA Interview Prep Questions: $ 100.00
Read the full product description here (click to expand)
To get your list of custom open-interview questions, you will send us EVERYTHING:
- ideally, you will send us the actual application as a PDF, provided it includes everything you submitted (some schools' PDFs don't include transcripts or essays - you need to check) OR, you need to provide separately:
- all your essays - including any optional and/or reapp essays
- GMAT score report
- additional information like TOEFL score
- A customized list of at least 10 questions that are specific to you, your profile, your history, your background, your goals, tailored to this school and what they care about. These are developed based on our years of experience in working with successful candidates to YOUR MBA program.
- Fast turnaround - we know that you'll be having your interview soon and will get your questions back in standard turnaround of 2 business days or sooner.
TERMSThis service does not provide any assessment of your application's merits. Automated Interview Prep which includes feedback on your verbal performance may be purchased separately. Blahg memberships are not included in this purchase. You must submit your materials within 7 days of purchasing. If the service expires before you can use it, please contact us to inquire about an extension.
We do not try to predict exactly what you'll get asked in your real interview. Instead, we give you ammunition to practice with, so that you're better able to respond to ANY questions that may get served up. Your list of interview prompts will cover a variety of scenarios and question types to help you anticipate the direction that your interview may go. It will be up to you to practice delivering your responses to these and other questions to make sure you're fully prepared.
REFUNDSBy purchasing this product, you explictly confirm that you have read and approved these terms and acknowledge this refund policy in effect: Refunds available only if requested BEFORE any materials are submitted. A partial refund of original purchase price less a $25 administrative fee is available only if all these conditions are met: 1) the subscription is still active and not expired; 2) no prior subscription extensions have been granted; 3) you have not submitted any information such as resume, profile information, or application materials for this specific service in My SnarkCenter (it's fine if you submitted them for some other service prior to purchasing this one).
If you’re wondering about the HBS Post-Interview Reflection…
EssaySnark is reluctant to offer any input on BSers’ write-ups following the interview. HBS designed it this way to get the real you coming through, and we like to respect the adcoms’ wishes. We also hate to think that we may be overinfluencing anyone’s application – EssaySnark already got into bschool once, now it’s up to you to make this happen on your own merits.
That being said… The SnarkStrategies Guide for HBS covers the Post-Interview Reflection. In terms of anticipating what type of question HBS would ask you to answer, and in helping you to figuring out what you might want to say, that MBA app guide is a pretty good resource that you might want to look into.
Review your Custom Interview Questions
Were your questions useful? How prepared were you when you went into the interview? Please share your experience with this service so others can benefit.
Great prep for the NYU interview
I took this service for my interview with NYU Stern. What ES does is go through every little detail in your application and try to tear it apart - in a positive sense, getting to the whys and hows of everything you have submitted.
The long list of questions I got was very helpful in me preparing for my interview. The actual interview had very few curve balls but using this service to be prepared for the toughest questions just helped me walk in to the interview totally confident.
Useful prep for MIT Sloan
EssaySnark came up with a thoughtful set of questions based on my application. Found it a useful exercise to practice this cold before diving into the interview prep. Gave me another perspective into how my application was perceived and the potential areas that adcom members could delve into during the interview. Thanks for helping me out along the b school journey!
Helpful for HBS
I found this service valuable but not because it predicted well the questions I actually got on my interview (it didn't... no one did). Rather, it gives your mock interviewers a sense of the breadth and types of questions you'll receive. This allows mock interviews where you become comfortable talking about yourself in the way you'll need to for the HBS interview.
Would recommend buying a good deal (2+ weeks) before your interview if possible, so you'll have more opportunities to ponder on the questions and answer them comfortably.