Have a tricky situation that you want our advice on?
EssaySnark has many ways to engage with us for free, including the chance to submit your question to be discussed on the blahg, or you can leave your question on any relevant post where we cover the topic you’re wondering about. (There’s a search box in the righthand column on the front page to help you find a good article to post on.)
But sometimes… you want to get some advice privately. And perhaps you’re not quite ready to dive in with one of our consulting services. But you still want to get our take on your situation.
If that’s you, then sign up today and get EssaySnark’s professional opinion on your situation! Current price is $ 29.00.
We now offer the ability to get a specific question about your MBA application answered one-on-one. This Private Consult allows you to submit one question, including an appropriate level of explanation, context, or background information, for a thorough response by EssaySnark.
Get help with your MBA admissions quandary.
Tell us about the situation you’re facing, and provide context and background information so we understand what you’re considering, and we’ll offer our opinion on the best way to proceed.
Some example questions that might be suitable for this service:
- “I’m early in my career. Should I apply this year, or wait till next year?” (Or, you can go for the Comprehensive Profile Review and get even greater insights into how the schools might respond to your app this year.)
- “I’m an older candidate. Do you think I should go for School X’s full-time MBA or should I try for School Y’s EMBA?” (Again, the Comprehensive Profile Review would likely be even more valuable, but you can hit us up with these types of ‘school targets’ questions here if you like.)
- “Should I re-take the GMAT?” (BrokenRecordSnark here: Our Comprehensive Profile Review really would be better for this, in terms of the full assessment and all the slicing and dicing of your situation that we can offer – but we’re happy to give you our take on the basics of your test plan through this Private Consult if you wish.)
- “Should I take the GRE instead of the GMAT?” (We actually cover this question rather extensively here on the blahg, although there may be certain one-off situations where yeah, the GRE could be better, so if you’re wondering, then this Private Consult can help you decide. Or… the Comprehensive Profile Review can. :-D)
- “I’m planning on taking a class to improve my profile. Which of these looks the best to you?” (You’ll need to present a list of the courses you’re considering when you submit your question; we will not suggest courses to you – and again, another service called the Transcripts & Grades App Accelerator might be more valuable to you.)
- “I’ve been accepted to multiple schools – but I don’t know which one to pick! Help!” (You’ll want to explain your priorities and why you’re conflicted, including what you see as the pros and cons of each, based on your specifics.)
- “I don’t even know if the MBA is right for me. Are there other degrees that I should be looking at – or none at all?” (You would need a good handle on your career goals in order for us to help you best – or you might just want to start with the Career Goals App Accelerator.)
- “Does my resume need to be re-done for my MBA apps?” (Almost always we end up saying “yes” – you might want to just go for the Reworking Your Resume App Accelerator straightaway instead.)
- “Why are you so snarky?” (Aw snap, we can answer that one for free! Here are a few responses to that… or hey, just read the blahg!)
The Private One-Question Consult would be ideal for any of those scenarios, and the answer you get back should be more than sufficient for you to move forward with your next steps. We don’t scrimp on our responses with this service; it’s just meant as a more targeted one-shot deal for those who need a laser focus on a single issue they’re grappling with.
REMEMBER! We also have targeted services that cover all the standard MBA application situations – and these are priced very reasonably to allow you to choose exactly the support that you need through our self-guided model. One of these a la carte offerings may serve you better instead:
- Waitlist Assist: Includes full app review and input on your plans for getting off it
- Post-Mortem (aka “ding analysis”): Provides a complete assessment of one rejected MBA application
- Transcripts & Grades App Accelerator: Explains how to self-assess your own academics and lets you submit your plans to offset any weaknesses for review
- Letters of Recommendation App Accelerator: Lays out best practices for who to choose for your recommenders, with an opportunity for direct feedback on your recommenders’ strategy
- Late-Season Targets Review: For support on a Round 3 strategy
Most of those provide an opportunity to ask follow-up questions (the Targets Review does not; be sure to examine the product purchase terms of any item carefully before buying). This one-question Private Consult does NOT provide follow-ups.
But sometimes you just want someone to bounce an idea off of or you need unbiased advice into a specific situation that’s outside the norm. This is a cheap way to do that! This one-on-one Private Consult is ideal if you have a decision to make, or a more straightforward question that we can help you navigate through.
Service DescriptionThis is a one-on-one private written consult with EssaySnark for ONE QUESTION. It can be about anything at all; the subject matter is completely up to you. Please note, there are NO REFUNDS on this service for any reason. WHAT YOU'LL PROVIDE: A clearly-articulated question, along with an appropriate amount of context or background information for us to evaluate and give a reasonable response. You must also submit basic information on your profile (GMAT score, GPA, etc.), along with your resume. Submission instructions are provided on My SnarkCenter after purchase.
What you get: OUR RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION, with as much detail as appropriate to the question. If the question is poorly phrased or if you don't provide enough context, then we will be limited in how we can respond. Also, if you try and sneak in multiple questions, we reserve the right to answer only one.
Standard turnaround is 2 business days; we will try to accommodate same-day (weekday) responses wherever possible. No membership to the EssaySnark is included in this purchase. Your consult information must be submitted within 30 days or the service expires (see My SnarkCenter for expirations). No refunds for unused service.
Very important: This consult allows for ONE QUESTION ONLY. We will not be reading your essays or application materials nor will we offer a full assessment of your profile. We have plenty of other services available for that. There are no re-dos available with this service, and NO FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS. We will lay out our opinion as we see it based on the information that you provide. You should proceed with what you think is best from there. Remember that other services do allow follow-up questions, including the Comprehensive Profile Review, which may be more useful to many people.
Private One-Question Consult $ 29.00
This private consult is priced very inexpensively in order to make it accessible to all. We are currently only offering this service for purchase ONCE per BSer. Craft your question well and make it count! If you have more questions than that, you should probably sign up for the Comprehensive Profile Review. This Private Consult service is NOT a substitute for any of our other a la carte MBA consulting services.
TERMS: Strategy Reviews & Private ConsultsYou must also provide basic profile information (e.g., GMAT score, academics) and your resume according to the instructions provided on My SnarkCenter; if the information you provide is incomplete then we cannot give you good feedback. You must submit your information for review within 30 days of purchase or the purchase expires. These products do not include any membership to the EssaySnark blahg.
Our 2 business day turnaround applies. If nothing has been submitted for review then you are entitled to a full refund if requested before expiration date. No refunds after expiration or if materials are submitted. Non-transferable. Pricing is subject to change without notice.
The feedback you get is our professional opinion only. EssaySnark cannot guarantee outcomes for your admissions application. While we strive for accuracy in all that we do, we are not liable for any errors or omissions. All material you receive from us is copyright protected and shall not be copied, reused or redistributed in any way.
The Targets Review includes ONE written opinion regarding the strategy that you develop. The plan you submit can be up to 500 words total.
The Private Consult includes a full answer to ONE question submitted for our opinion and response. You may provide background information and context for your question however you should clearly articulate what it is you're asking us about. The information you submit can be up to 250 words total.
Private One-Question Consult $ 29.00
Review your Private Consult!
Was your question answered to your satisfaction? Did you get new insights and angles that you hadn’t thought of? Was it actionable? Was there enough detail? Or was it a total waste of your hard-earned $ 29.00?? SHARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS SERVICE! Other BSers want to know!
Submit your review