Our Snark Selector identifies the best EssaySnark service for you to start with.
What stage are you at?
0. Taking the GMAT
Sorry, can’t help you with the initial step; we are not GMATSnark. There’s plenty of other sites and consultants that can guide you through the test prep phase.
Not that we’ve never written anything here on the blahg about the GMAT, but we definitely don’t offer any consulting help on this part. We will of course offer our take on whether your score is “good enough” or not when you enlist our services for services like the Comprehensive Profile Review.
1. Selecting Schools
It’s best to engage us after you have a test score in hand, but even if you don’t, there’s plenty we can say about your ideas for geting an MBA.
A great way to do that is through the Comprehensive Profile Review.
The Comprehensive Profile Review gives you a lay of the land of your specific MBA application situation, including an assessment of your target schools. We will suggest other schools or programs for you to consider based on your profile. We will also let you know if you need to take the GMAT again (doh!). The Comprehensive Profile Review is our most popular product and it’s the best place to start for most people.
2. Planning Your Strategy
Do you like going it alone? Our App Accelerators offer a la carte coaching on individual components of your application, from career goals to transcripts and GPA and everything in between, at rockbottom prices. Buy just the one you need and get targeted advice on how to identify your best material and set your overall strategy. All App Accelerators include a review by EssaySnark where you will find out where you’re on track — or not. App Accelerators give you confidence that your strategy is sound and they reduce the churn, making your end-to-end process as efficient as possible. Multiple App Accelerators are bundled in EssaySnark Foundations and the Complete Essay Package.
We also have a standalone product called the Recommender’s Instruction Sets, which is a best-practices guide that you can give to your recommenders to make their work easier. This is a deliverable that you will hand over to your recommenders for their usage, specific to the actual schools that you’re asking them to recommend you for.
3. Writing Essays
- First look for the SnarkStrategies Guides to give you targeted insights on specific schools. You really should be reading your school’s essay guide before you start in on writing anything for their essays.
- Then get your strategy vetted through the Essay Ideas & Outlines App Accelerator before you start to write. This step alone will save you unbelievable heartache (and time!) and will help you see where your strategy is off target.
4. Really Writing Essays
The hallmark EssaySnark service is our Essay Decimator – which is just our fancy way of saying “essay critique service” – and we have a variety of flavors:
- The standard Full-Set Essay Decimator – this is for schools with multiple essay questions, OR for a single-essay app school where you’re also submitting an optional or reapplicant essay
- The Harvard Essay Decimator – for, uh, Harvard, and its one essay. You could also use this for the one Booth presentation. We look at your candidacy in context with this review.
- If you’re in a real bind, you can get a Rush Turnaround Single Essay Review which gives you one full review of one essay. Please recognize that this is a much more tactical review, since we won’t be considering the entirety of your profile; we’ll only look at this essay in the sense of what this school expects. The reason to use this?
You’re a cheapskateYou’re out of time and deadlines are like in two days; or, you just want to get feedback on a specific essay, such as the Columbia career goals question where you’re planning on re-using a similar pitch for other schools, or a reapplicant essay to make sure you’re covering things in the right order, or a Consortium essay might also be a good match to this service. Sorry but you can’t use this for Harvard – but this one you can!
You put in all that effort into your writing – now find out if it’s gonna work for you – before you submit. We’ll tell you if your messaging is up to snuff, and if it’s not, we’ll point out ideas on how to fix it.
We also offer a private forum for Crowd-Sourced Essay Reviews – submit your essays and get valuable feedback – privately! – from other Brave Supplicants, many of whom have gone through extensive work with us already and know what makes for a good MBA essay!
5. Reworking Your Resume
After you have your MBA theme established, you should revise your resume to highlight it. The Resume App Accelerator shows you what goes into a good MBA resume and gives you one round of feedback with EssaySnark so that you’re sure your resume is presenting your best self. Note that you must re-do your resume based on the best practices you’ll learn in the tutorial before submitting for our comments.
If everything is done and you’re nervous if it’s gonna fly, EssaySnark can tell you! The Sanity Check can increase your confidence – or help you avoid a costly mistake — before you submit!!!
If you’re interviewing, EssaySnark does interview prep!
The Complete Essay Package combines the Comprehensive Profile Review, three App Accelerators, one SnarkStrategies Guide of your choice, plus the Essay Decimator essay reviews, all with additional benefits in one discounted bundle. Or, if we’re between seasons and your school has not yet released its essay questions, check out Foundations, which gives you the key App Accelerators that you need to develop your strategy (it’s like the Complete Essay Package without the essay reviews). Our comparison chart of both packages explains the differences.
If you decide to go really whole-hog with us, then the 4-School Set is a massively discounted aggregation of awesomeness: Go through the Complete Essay Package on your first school, then get full support on essays for three more applications, with a bunch of other stuff thrown in too, all at one super low price. It’s like Costco; buy in bulk and save!
- The Waitlist Assist helps you get out of limbo
- Or, Post-Mortems (reject analysis) lend advice to diagnose what went wrong if your first attempt didn’t get you in
- For a special bundle of critical support services, check out The Reapplicant Roadmap – it includes the Post-Mortem, plus a bunch of other services to take you step by step through your process of building out a winning reapp strategy.
You can get help at every stage of the game with EssaySnark.
Based on results that others have seen, it’s clear that the Complete Essay Package offers the most value and biggest benefit. In 2012, 88% of our Complete Essay Package clients who reported their results to us got in; one was waitlisted, and one withdrew his applications after deciding an MBA wasn’t the right next step. (We always have a bunch of clients who never let us know their outcomes so we can’t claim the 88% figure as a definitive success rate overall.) In 2014, ALL of our 4-School Set clients made it in. The odds are in your favor!
Of course, you can always submit an essay or a question to be considered for free review here on the blahg. We have plenty of other resources and advice available for those who want to go it alone – or check out Crowd-Sourced Essay Reviews.
Let us know how we can help, and GOOD LUCK with your MBA ambitions!