When you sign up for a blahg membership, you explicitly acknowledge that the membership will run for six months unless you cancel early — which you are welcome to do at any time through the Account page on this website. NO REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE IF YOU FORGET TO CANCEL. Please see full policy in Terminating Membership below.
A Note About Our Community
essaysnark.com is a place where business school applicants can get straight advice on their MBA applications from the service known as EssaySnark®. It’s mostly a one-way street: us telling you stuff. We try to provide a safe, accessible, yet serious site for those who are going for it with their MBA dreams.
We call bschool applicants “Brave Supplicants” or sometimes “BSers.” We call the main website “the blahg.” For the first few years of our existence, the blahg was open and free. Then there came a point when we realized we needed to provide a more protected experience, and now some of our blahg is accessible by a nominal subscription fee. One reason we did this was purely financial; it costs a lot of money to maintain a site like this. Quality content is not cheap, why should it be free? Some BSers weren’t quite appreciating the value. The main reason we implemented the memberships? We got tired of educating our competition. Other admissions consultants have been freeloading off of EssaySnark for too long. Lame.
Access to the EssaySnark site and services is completely at the discretion of EssaySnark. We can ban a user for ANY REASON. Your account may be canceled with no refund if we determine that you are a competitor, or if we detect unethical behavior on your part (e.g., plagiarism, writing your own letters of recommendation, etc.), or if you’re simply being a jerk. This is our place and yes we can take our toys and go home if we want to.
If you pay for access to the blahg, you are a member.
If you purchase any of our consulting tools, you are a subscriber.
If you are a
cheapskate non-paying reader of the blahg, you are considered a visitor.
This Terms of Service document applies to all categories of access.
Our community has one rule: Adherence to the truth. We take all allegations of plagiarism, copyright violation or “borrowing” of content very seriously. To that end, if you believe that material on essaysnark.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us via the contact form. In the case of a user who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of EssaySnark or others, EssaySnark may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, EssaySnark will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to EssaySnark.
Below you will find the terms and conditions for participation as a member in the EssaySnark Internet community, where you will have rights to be involved in discussions, to purchase goods and services, and to post your application materials for review or comment by EssaySnark or others. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the terms of this agreement.
Member Agreement: Contents
Please read these terms carefully, since your registration and indication of acceptance of these terms creates a binding legal agreement. If you choose to accept these terms upon registration, you must do so as they are presented to you; no changes (additions or deletions) will be accepted by EssaySnark. If you do not accept these terms, you will not be allowed the rights of a member.
- Legal Agreement
- EssaySnark Services and Marketplace
- Payment Terms and Promotional Codes
- Intellectual Property
- Returns & Refunds
- User Registration and Information
- Terminating Membership
- Restrictions on Use of Content
- Disclaimers; No Warranties; Limitation of Liabilities
1. Legal Agreement
The terms and conditions set forth in this document apply to all persons (“you”) who register as members of EssaySnark’s website (“Site”), and constitute a binding, legal agreement (“Agreement”) between the User and EssaySnark/Snarkolicious Press. (“EssaySnark”).
Please read the information below carefully. By using the Site as a member, you accept the terms and conditions described below, and you warrant and represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement. We encourage you to print and keep a copy of this Agreement for reference.
This Agreement together with any other terms provided and agreed during the purchase process (if you choose to purchase consulting services) or provided by EssaySnark in connection with provision of any feedback constitute the entire agreement between us concerning use of the Site and delivery of goods and services by EssaySnark.
EssaySnark is about helping candidates prepare their applications to business school. We are a tool to facilitate the exchange of information and knowledge in the world. We provide a service to enable Users to get insights on and feedback about digital content in on-line or other electronic or printed formats. Digital content (“Content”) may consist of information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials. We also provide services to our Users, and facilitate our Users’ receipt of other services from third parties.
Content includes messages and other materials that you post to forums, groups, or other locations on the Site that can be viewed by other users of the Site, as well as material that you might submit for publication or other distribution through the Site. When you post Content on EssaySnark’s website through forums or groups, you keep your copyright, but you grant EssaySnark the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and modify that Content in connection with the operation of the Site and EssaySnark’s business and to sell or otherwise transfer that Content in connection with transfer of operation and/or ownership of the forum, group or other location to which the Content was posted. When you provide Content for publication, you grant EssaySnark the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and sell that Content within the limitations you set during the online publishing process. If you are a paying subscriber to My SnarkCenter whereby you are accessing the EssaySnark App Accelerators and other private consulting tools, your material will not be distributed to others.
By uploading or posting Content to the Site you represent and warrant, at all times during the term of this Agreement, that the Content:
- Was created by you and only you.
- Does not violate any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party;
- Does not invade any individual’s right of privacy or publicity;
- Does not contain material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Does not include malicious code, which includes, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, data, passwords, or personal information (including Personal Data);
- Does not break the law, encourage or facilitate the breaking of the law, or violate any applicable regulation or EssaySnark rule or policy;
- Does not offer or disseminate fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, or promote domain names, URLs, or hyperlinks that constitute commercial content such as that found in advertising, promotions, or solicitations;
- To the best of your knowledge, all factual information in the Content you upload is true and accurate, and the use of any material, formula, or instruction in the Content will not result in personal injury to any person.
EssaySnark reserves the right to refuse to permit posting of or to remove from the Site any Content or other materials that EssaySnark, in its sole discretion, deems in violation of this Agreement.
In addition, you represent and warrant that provision of the Content to EssaySnark for use as described above does not conflict with any arrangements or agreements between you and any other person or entity.
You are solely responsible for any Content you upload or post to the Site. Since computers and other equipment (both yours and ours) are subject to occasional malfunction, you agree that you will not hold EssaySnark responsible for any inadvertent damage to, corruption of or destruction of the Content. EssaySnark is not responsible for backing up the Content. You are responsible for backing up, on your own computer, all Content. EssaySnark will not be responsible for archiving or backing-up any Content. If any Content transmitted to EssaySnark is damaged, lost or corrupted in any way, EssaySnark will have no obligation or liability to you.
4. EssaySnark Services
EssaySnark consulting services and other tools are available for purchase or for free in the “MBA Consulting” section.
Some pages on essaysnark.com link to outside, third-party sites. These links and sites are subject to the terms and conditions of such outside website, and EssaySnark’s terms and policies do not govern. If you decide to leave this Site and access any such outside website or to use any tools or services from such outside websites, you do so at your own risk.
Some third-party services may be offered for sale on essaysnark.com under private business relationships between Essaysnark and the third-party providers. Your relationship with a third party supplier will be subject to that supplier’s terms and conditions (other than payment terms and conditions referred to in the Payments section), if any.
In general, essaysnark.com collects Personal Data when you register with this site, when you use EssaySnark’s services and when you visit EssaySnark’s pages or pages related to the Content posted on essaysnark.com pages. That information is used to fulfill your requests for products and services, to conduct research, to contact you, to contact those who referred you to EssaySnark (if you have selected to use the EssaySnark referral program) and to improve EssaySnark’s services. You may view your account information at any time.
These additional terms apply to subscribers who enlist EssaySnark’s admissions consulting services either free or paid. EssaySnark will disclose Personal Data under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court order, other legal process, to establish or exercise EssaySnark’s legal rights or defend against a legal claim, or as otherwise required by law;
- As necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding violations of the terms of this Agreement, suspected illegal activity or threats to the physical safety of another person;
- To EssaySnark’s trusted partners who work on EssaySnark’s behalf under confidentiality agreements; and
- If EssaySnark is acquired by or merged with another company, to that company.
- If you violate ethics (e.g., we find out you’re lying, cheating, stealing, plagiarizing) there may be cases where we will inform the schools about the behavior we have witnessed.
EssaySnark is not liable for any damage that may be incurred due to use of Personal Data that was made available as part of Content posted on EssaySnark’s site.
Your Personal Data does not include your EssaySnark username. Your EssaySnark username and Public Contact information may be displayed on the Site to other users.
7. Payment Terms and Promotional Codes
In order to purchase Content, services, or tools on or through the Site, Users must possess either a valid credit card or a PayPal account (https://www.paypal.com). Payment is required at the time that such Content, services or tools are ordered.
EssaySnark.com Promotional Code Rules & Restrictions
From time to time, promotion offers may be made available. The following rules apply:
- Each promotional offer (“offer”) claim code can be used only once.
- Limit one offer per household.
- The offer must be redeemed at our Web site (essaysnark.com) toward the purchase of products sold by EssaySnark. If EssaySnark is not the seller, that fact will be noted on the product detail page.
- The offer may not be used in conjunction with the purchase of products sold by or through third-party areas such as EssaySnark’s Services Marketplace. Offer cannot be redeemed at any other Web site operated by EssaySnark, its affiliates, or third-party merchants (including Web sites linked to or from the https://essaysnark.com site).
- The offer cannot be used to pay for taxes or shipping and handling charges. If the offer has a minimum purchase requirement, taxes and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount.
- Each offer is valid for a limited time only and expires on the date specified in the offer.
- The offer’s cash value is 1/100th of one cent.
- The offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.
- The offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with EssaySnark.com.
- If there is a problem with items purchased using a promotional code and EssaySnark grants a refund, you will not receive a refund for the amount of the offer.
8. Intellectual Propery
Any product purchased on essaysnark.com and the entire EssaySnark website contents are protected intellectual property. Some products include a tutorial or guide (“SnarkStrategies Guides” and “App Accelerators”) which are to be accessed only by the purchaser, and are available only for viewing online without the ability to save or download locally.
Consulting services consist of feedback that will be delivered to you electronically either online through the essaysnark.com website in a private portal (“My SnarkCenter”) and/or as a report produced as a locked PDF file. Distribution of these materials to anyone other than the named purchaser is an explicit violation of our copyright agreement which provides for use only by the client
9. Returns & Refunds
Returns are not accepted. Blahg memberships are not refundable. Other product/service refunds may be requested within the parameters set out on the product purchase page and in the FAQ.
10. User Registration and Information
It is important that you correctly complete the information requested in the User Registration form on the Site (“User Information”). In the event that any of your User Information changes in the future, please be sure to promptly update your User Information on the Site (you may need to email this update to the site administrators). It is your responsibility to keep your User Information on the Site current.
You will have the opportunity to select a username and password during the User registration process. You are solely responsible in all respects for: (a) all use of the Site made using your username and password, and (b) maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. Only one individual may access the Site at the same time using the same username and password. Each individual may have only one account (one username/password combo per person). You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your e-mail address, username or password or any other breach of security regarding the Site of which you are aware. EssaySnark may refuse to grant you a username or password that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or for any other reason. EssaySnark may delete, combine, or otherwise manage duplicate accounts as needed for Site administration purposes.
11. Terminating Paid Blahg Membership
You may terminate (cancel) your blahg membership by following the instructions provided during purchase and included on the My Account page. We may terminate (cancel) your blahg membership if you violate terms of this Agreement, and/or if we determine that you are acting unethically in your applications (lying; fabricating material or background information, credentials or stories; writing your own letters of recommendation; etc.).
To terminate your blahg membership, following the “Cancel Account” instructions on the Account page. We do not accept requests to cancel via email. Lack of use of the site will not trigger a cancellation event. YOU MUST CANCEL THROUGH THE WEBSITE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TERMINATE MEMBERSHIP EARLY. You will receive an email confirmation when you cancel your membership. We suggest retaining that confirmation message as proof of cancellation. Refunds are NOT provided for blahg memberships UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, including if you forget to cancel, and we will fight any chargebacks that you may attempt. Attempting a chargeback simply because you forgot to cancel is unethical.
If you choose to terminate your membership, the terms of this Agreement regarding any Content you have uploaded remain applicable. Content you have posted to the Site, other than published Content, will not be deleted or retired as a result of your termination. All provisions of this Agreement relating to payments, service fees, disclaimers, limitations of liability, indemnification, and proprietary rights shall survive termination.
12. Restrictions on Use of Content
If you purchase Content from this Site (including viewing free Content), you agree to the following:
- You agree not to resell any Content or otherwise profit from its use
- Sharing, copying, printing, saving, adapting, redistributing, reconfiguring, modifying or creating derivative works from the Content is explicitly prohibited.
- You agree not to allow any other party to: resell, redistribute, sublicense, assign, delegate, or otherwise transfer this Agreement, the Content, any part thereof, or any related rights or obligations hereunder, to any third party.
- You will not remove or obscure any proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Content.
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties; Limitation of Liabilities
With regard to the Limitation of Liability section of the Terms of Service, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitation or exclusion stated in that section may not apply to you.
Welcome to our community!
Thanks for reading the whole thing!
Published: 12 August 2012
Last revised: 22 May 2018
EssaySnark is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. All content copyright ©2009-2022 Snarkolicious Press.