We’ve talked before about some challenges with pitching venture capital as your post-MBA goal.
But what about pitching any post-MBA career goal in finance, if you’ve never worked in finance before?
Premium content starts here…
Premium content ends. Not yet a blahg member? Buy access to all the snark here!
It’s totally possible to make this jump happen. What matters is how you identify yourself as a viable candidate, based on demonstrating your knowledge of what’s needed in the role and showing how you’ve got what it takes to apply the advantages you have.
* That is definitely a grossly oversimplification of what ‘consulting’ is!!
You may also be interested in:
- Warnings to the stereotypical finance-guy applicant (since today’s post was for the outside-the-industry career-changer)
- More on the finance guy or gal candidate applying to business school
- Do I need to have experience in my target industry in order to pitch it in my MBA essays
- Career goals ideas, if you honestly don’t know what you want to do with the MBA
Tell us what you think.