Here’s a Top 10 list of why this here site may still prove useful to you now even though you’re not a panic-monster trying to figure out what to write in your HBS essay.
- We’ll be posting stuff. Like, useful life stuff. Ponderings about what’s going on in politics and business and the world. Things that might get you thinking. And thinking is good. (Even though you try to avoid it.)
- Once the mad crush of Round 2 deadlines has passed, EssaySnark gets freed up to offer our hidden agenda to you all: How to live a better life. You’ll get some tips on optimizing this opportunity that you have walking the planet. You’re a go-getter, right? We have our own slant on how you might find happiness in this world. We’ll be sharing that, too.
- Oh yeah! Interview invites are going to come out in the not-too-distant future! We’ll be offering pointers and advice on how to prepare.
- Some folks are on the waitlist, and we’ve got some thoughts for how to maximize chances in that cycle.
- We’re assuming that you’re going to be headed to bschool in the fall, so we’ve got some thoughts on stuff like financial aid and planning your life to get ready for this jump off a cliff (though our Accepted Student’s Guide is available today if you’re looking for that advice now)
- We’ve already been fielding questions on “Should I choose School X or School Y?!???” from anxiously excited Round 1 BSer Successes and we expect to be adding posts on that category to help those of you navigating the very difficult decisions on which school to go to if you’ve been lucky enough to land multiple offers. (Update: Like this one!)
- And there’s Round 3! Some people have good cause to be aiming for more apps in the future. Even though it’s not really ideal.
- There may even be some analysis of business school trends, employment reports, what the recruiting cycle might look like at top schools this year, that sort of thing. You know, like MBA stuff.
- How else are you going to make the time pass waiting for the verdict on your Round 2 applications?
Drat. We could only come up with 9, not 10.
Oh well. We hope you’ll be coming back around here anyway.
The ‘Snark strives to be all things, a valuable resource of specific advice on how to craft winning essays for bschool, and a destination to go to when you really don’t want to be working and just need to veg out with some still-relevant and hopefully-practical content around getting to the next stage that you’re aiming for in life.
Still lots to say about all of that!!