Just after Round 1 deadlines passed last Fall, we published a series of posts about “What do you do next??” that talked about leveraging all the energy and momentum that you’ve built up.
If you missed those before, a few might be worth reading now:
You’ve survived the first two weeks of January which are cruelly crammed with too many MBA app deadlines, so CONGRATS for that! You put in a lot of work over the past month, and guess what? We’ve got a few suggestions for you today for more work you can do!! 😀
The best time to start a new project is NOW, right after you’ve finished a big push on something important.
Now is when you’ve got your energy up. Your juices are flowing. You know how to accomplish something – because you just did it! Regardless of how confident you may be feeling on those apps you just submitted, the truth is that you SUBMITTED them. Which is super awesome and wonderful!
Now you can see what other amazing things you can accomplish.
It’s 2018, after all, and the time when many are setting goals for the coming year.
How about just a few goals to achieve for the rest of the month?
Here are some practical ideas for you – cribbed from this post on Imposter Syndrome which could also be worth a read.
Some ways to get out of your comfort zone and dive in with your newfound energy and commitment:
- Scoping out local Meetups in subject areas you’re passionate about
- Searching for groups like Girls Who Code who need facilitators nationwide
- Tracking calls for speakers at conferences you’ve attended or have been meaning to attend
- Donating your time to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program to help people prepare and file their tax returns
- Delivering a lunch & learn at your office
- Reaching out to your alma mater for guest lecturer opportunities
These ideas are fairly U.S.-centric but perhaps they trigger an inspiration for something more local to you, if you’re not from here.
We also had some tips in our prior post this week on making changes in 2018.
There’s so many ways you can recreate yourself — if you only set your mind to it and do it!!