Took at look at the logs recently and wanted to share with you some of the most popular posts – yeah some of them surprised us too:
- GRE -> GMAT: converting test scores – Dec. 2010
- essay critique: optional essay – low GPA – Oct. 2011
- “What is a low GMAT?” (or, are you effing kidding?!?) – Sept. 2011
- essay critique: HBS 1 “something you did well” – Aug. 2012
- essay critique: HBS essay 2 “done better” – July 2012
- Can you get an MBA without a college degree? – July 2012
- Crowdsourcing an essay critique – Sept. 2012
- Columbia no longer a favorite? – Sept. 2012
- Why a non-traditional resume is not a good idea– Sept. 2011
- planning (way ahead) for HBS 2+2: which round? – Jan. 2012
Obviously some of these have apparent practical value… and obviously linking to them in a Top 10 list like this will ensure that they continue to get lots of hits. But we hope this set evolves over time. ‘Cuz c’mon, really?? Getting an MBA without a college degree?? On the most popular list? Weird. Woulda thought like a tiny portion of our audience would be in that category. Must be a Google search thing.
Also hoping to be able to write some glowing posts about Columbia very soon, seeing as they’re trying so hard these days. Maybe then our dissing on Columbia posts will fade into the distance.
Of course in the sidebar there’s our Top 10 List for Writing Good Essays… along with the list of EssaySnark’s favorite posts, which may or may not have any redeeming value to your process of applying to a top MBA program…
Tell us what you think.