We’ve got another absolutely awesome story to share with you! These are truly the favoritist part of the blahg — and no, not because it means that someone else did the writing for today’s post! (Funnily enough, today’s guest contributor seems to think s/he cannot write! How silly! This person is FAR from the ‘worst writer on the planet’ – after all, they made it into a VERY TOP TOP bschool based on their work on their essays!!!!)
These success stories are why we do all this blathering nonsense all year long. Thank you, Soon-To-Be-Bschool-Student*, for sharing your story with all of us, and CONGRATS!
1. Start preparing as soon as possible once you decide. It’s a time consuming marathon from GMAT to essays to interview. If you don’t plan appropriately, you might be in a panic like me at the beginning.
2. Don’t worry too much about GMAT. It is important but is only a part of your application. I was still able to get in to top school with score below 700.
3. Talk to EssaySnark even if you are not looking to improve your essay. $50 is nothing compared to $100K tuition fee you will pay.
4. If invited for an interview, go for on-campus interview, especially if you have not visited school before.
5. Most importantly, be confident; you ARE unique.
Good Luck to everyone!
And good luck to YOU! And thank you also for all the unprompted compliments for the ‘Snark in your story. We do not intend these Success Stories to be pitches for Snarky Services yet as with them all, we are very honored to have played a part in your journey — and, we very well know that if it wasn’t for your hard work, your flexibility, and your amazing profile, you would not be headed where you are today! The credit goes entirely to you.
More Success Stories
- 12/9/11 A Success Story and a bit o’ advice
- 12/16/11 Doing what it takes and gettin’ it done
- 12/23/11 A .500 batting average ain’t that bad!
- 01/10/12 Going it alone with just gummi worms for support!
- 1/20/12 Another Take Two story! With advice from an MBA friend!
- 03/23/12 “Could I make a wrong decision?”
- 03/30/12 From a badass! With advice: Don’t forget to smile!
- 05/11/12 Getting all philosophical on you
- 06/22/12 A little bit of hope and Lady Luck
* “STBBS” (Soon-To-Be-Bschool-Student) doesn’t quite have the same ring as “BSer”, but maybe we’ll have to start using it!