Out of the blue this week we got the following report — and we just had to get permission to post it here! This story made the ‘Snark especially happy this week. Thank you so much to this Success Story for following up with us!!
Hey there Mr. or Ms. Snark,
I just wanted to followup and let you know of a success from your past. Once upon a time, I wrote you for a profile evaluation here and you published it here.
Well since then I retook the gmat, got a 730, and transitioned into a [cool title] role at a venture backed ($10M Series A) start-up company that deals in [cool stuff]. I know, it’s a mouthful, but it helped flesh out my story better. Even though I wrote you way back in July 2010, I decided not to apply for any schools that year and just improve my application. I then – thanks to you advice – went back to the drawing board for my goals, talked with friends in top programs, and came out with the short term goal of trying to get into the entertainment/media group at a global (big 3) consulting firm. Long term goal was to end up back as an executive for another music and technology start-up. I’m a fairly strong and creative writer, but writing the essays really took a piece of my soul. The process is so grueling!
Long story short, I just got accepted into [top school] yesterday, so the long journey for this musician/finance guy has finally wrapped up. Sure, I’m still waiting on two other schools, but I’m very excited for [top school] and can’t see myself going anywhere else.
Thanks for doing what you do and for all of the great advice on your site. It’s refreshing to read someone who’s so real, instead of all of the other fluff […] etc. that’s good for spirits but not good for learning the cold, hard truth of the process. Life is tough. Applying to school is tough. You’re honesty really helped me out.
Keep keeping it real,
More Success Stories
- 12/9/11 A Success Story and a bit o’ advice
- 12/16/11 Doing what it takes and gettin’ it done
- 12/23/11 A .500 batting average ain’t that bad!
- 01/10/12 Going it alone with just gummi worms for support!
- 1/20/12 Another Take Two story! With advice from an MBA friend!
- 03/16/12 The “worst writer on the planet” gets in!
- 03/23/12 “Could I make a wrong decision?”
- 03/30/12 From a badass! With advice: Don’t forget to smile!
- 05/11/12 Getting all philosophical on you
- 06/22/12 A little bit of hope and Lady Luck